Monday, January 3, 2011

My friends....

This reminds me of you friends:
Phil. 2:1-11

1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
 5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

 6 Who, being in very nature[a] God, 
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 
7 rather, he made himself nothing 
   by taking the very nature[b] of a servant, 
   being made in human likeness. 
8 And being found in appearance as a man, 
   he humbled himself 
   by becoming obedient to death— 
      even death on a cross!


 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place 
   and gave him the name that is above every name, 
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, 
   in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, 
   to the glory of God the Father.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank each and everyone of you for the love and encouragement from you.  I truly love the family of God.  We have a beautiful covenant connection that is also so mighty!  I have new friends I have never met that cry out to our father for me, their sister, and my family...their family.  How amazing is that?  
You, friends, absolutely amaze me.  

I really wrestled with sharing with you everything.  I actually had the thought that maybe no one really would care to read it.  But God pushed me and I have had so many people email me and tell me things that God is doing through this for them.  You know, I heard a friend tell me Friday that a man she knows is going through something like this, and he said that this is what he was born to do.  That resonated with me.  I get what he means.  I have felt that.  You see, God knew even before we were created that this would be my life.  He isn't a God that is trying to "respond" to the hardships of this world.  It isn't like He is running around saying, "Oh dear Me! (hehe) Jen has cancer!  Now I need to come in and make a decision on how to handle this."  No.  He isn't the responder to the enemy, the enemy is frantically trying to respond to the power of God!  Does that make any sense?  So in other words, this is my pivotal moment in time.  This has been planned.  Did God give me cancer?  No. Did He allow cancer?  Yes.  Everything, friend, is for the glory of God, and I feel honored to walk in a small portion of His suffering.  
Can I understand all the theologies of this?  No way.  I am just a girl from a small town with little education.  But I have a Daddy that has wisdom that is immeasurably beyond our highest comprehension and His spirit flows through me!  
I can say that this is not something I would have chosen either...needless to say.  But I do trust Him.  I do.  I have cried and asked why.  I am very scared.  I don't want to lose my hair.   I don't want to be stared at when I am bald.  I am worried about the future.  I wonder if it will come back.  BUT, I do trust Him.  And I will put one foot in front of the other, and I will do it bald, and with cancer in my body until He chooses to take it and all the while I WILL PRAISE THE NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES FOR ALL ETERNITY!  FOR ALL ETERNITY! FOR HE IS WORTHY!  HE IS WORTHY!

Again, thank you.  I love you.  I hope you know that.

jen 

No comments: